Friday 27 January 2012

Sari silks and Buddhist Landscapes



I recently stumbled across some little paintings I did years ago which reminded me of the deep blues, purples and golds of the landscape and Buddhist temples of Ladakh.I was thinking of trying to use these colour combinations in some work.


One of my New Year's resolutions is not to get distracted, fall in love with and buy extra unnecessary materials but then recently I saw this basket of beautiful sari silk threads in rich ochres, reds and blues last week they looked so perfect...
...so now I am working on a series of felted pieces with the most heavenly coloured silks incorporated with the wool. I want to keep them quite raw with ragged edges. Just hoping I can do the silk justice.

2 comments:

  1. pffft new years resolutions are made to be broken anyway! They are lovely colours!

    A
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah your right about those NYRs - stuff'em...now where did I leave that cake...!

      Delete